You must be a system administrator to perform this task.
To manage the CBMs (Curriculum Based Measures) available to a user in ion, navigate your browser to "Admin > Dictionaries > CBM Dictionary."
ion has a pre-defined list of common CBM's. To view the CBM's in the library, click the "book" icon in the upper right hand corner of the CBM panel.
A dialog will appear offering a list of CBM's available in the libray.
To add a CBM, click the Plus icon next to the name.
CBM's are logically divided into two "parts" - the CBM (typically - the vendor's name - such as AIMSWeb or FastBridge) - and the Measure. Before a measure can be created - a CBM (vendor) record must be created. They are hierarchical.
To create a new CBM - click the plus at the top of the CBM panel.
A dialog will appear. Fill in the CBM Name, select the CBM Type, and be sure to mark it "Active."
After clicking "Save" - the new CBM will appear in the list. To add a new measure, hover over the cog icon, and click the green Plus.
At a minimum, enter the Measure Name on the Measure Editor (see below) panel, and click "Save."
Components of the Measure Editor
- Measure Name: The name of the measure.
- Measure Code: If available, the EXACT (case-sensitive) code used by the vendor for the measure. If ion is syncing data - this code is required to match data in the export files with data in ion.
- Source: Where is the data coming from.
- Web (Default): Data is coming either from the Web (app) or a file.
- Weekly Attendance: When selected, ion will capture weekly attendance from the attendance tables and enter it into a plan as a CBM.
- Course Grades: When selected, ion will capture weekly course grades from the assessment tables and enter it into a plan as a CBM.
- Assessment: In some cases, CBMs may also be entered as Benchmark Scores. Linking a CBM to an assessment will give users the opportunity to mark a Progress Monitor as a benchmark - and have it populate into data walls.
- Use Errors: Activates the "Errors" text box on Progress Monitoring and Group Checkin Pages. Will chart errors on CBM graphs in a plan.
- Use Accuracy: Activates the "Errors" text box on Progress Monitoring and Group Checkin Pages. Will chart accuracy on CBM graphs in a plan.
- Hide: Use this checkbox to hide a measure. No data will be deleted. The measure simply won't be available in any drop-downs.
- Points: Consider scores as points.
- Default Skill: When importing data from a progress monitoring source (EasyCBM, FastBridge, etc) - ion will attempt to link data in the file with data in a plan. If a plan (or associated skill) does not exist, ion will create one. Select the skill that should be created by default when ion encounters CBM data that does not have a plan or skill built.
- Display Percentile Bands: By default, ion displays the 25, 50, 75th percentile bands on a CBM graph. You may override by entering percentile cut sccores in reverse numerical order, one per line.
- Norms Tab
- Goal Tab: To establish a custom goal form for this CBM, use this panel.