Any user is able to enter behavior referrals into ion. No special permissions are required.
Entering a referral
To enter a behavior referral - open the quick access menu at the top of each page. (Green Box, White Plus)
A modal dialog will appear - allowing the user to fill out a behavior referral.
- Search by last name (similar to main student search box). You may select multiple students per behavior referral. When multiple students are selected, each student will have a separate referral - and will not be connected.
- Search by last name. Only one staff member may be listed. By default, the user entering the referral is listed.
- The date the incident occurred. Defaults to the date the referral was entered.
- The type of incident. Incident types are managed in the Behavior Settings module.
- The location of the incident. Incident locations are managed in the Behavior Settings module.
- Major, Minor or Other.
- The narrative of the incident - by the submitter. This is a free text entry field.
- A narrative of the motivation for the behavior. This is a free text entry field.
- Any number of resolutions may be entered for a behavior event. Include the number of days for a resolution (typically for suspensions).
Click Save at the bottom of the modal window when finished. Behavior admins for the school will be notified of the event by email.
When a resolution is entered at the time of referral, the behavior event is marked as "completed."